British Council will use the information that you are providing in connection with processing your application. The legal basis for processing your information is agreement with our terms and conditions of application. We would like to use the information you provide to send details of activities, services and events (including social events) which we think are of interest.
Register for the Digital library in Cyprus
As a member of the British Council Digital library, you will have world class resources at the tip of your fingers, from online study resources to popular eBooks and audiobooks, and award-winning movies and documentaries.
To register to obtain access to the resources, please complete the form.
Terms and conditions of registration.
- Membership is open to residents of Cyprus aged 18 years and above.
- This is a trial digital library membership offer until 31st March 2021.
- The login details provided are exclusively for the member and must not be shared. Failure to do so will lead to termination of the membership. The member will inform the British Council library if he/she suspects unauthorised use of the digital library account.
- The British Council library may change any aspect, content or feature of the digital resources without prior consent.
- The British Council will inform you of any changes in the membership modality and pricing after the completion of the trial membership period.
- The British Council will send service notices and survey links for feedback via email on the Digital Library offer for the duration of the membership.
The British Council will use the information that you are providing in connection with processing your registration and to administer your library membership. The legal basis for processing your information is your agreement with our terms and conditions of registration (contract).
The British Council would also like to use the information you provide for the purposes of market research and service improvement. We will use your contact details to send you research materials such as questionnaires or surveys. We do this in our legitimate interest.
The British Council will not sell or disclose your details to any third parties for commercial purposes; we will only share your information with our trusted third-party service providers and partners for purposes directly related with the Digital Library.
The British Council complies with data protection law in the UK and laws in other countries that meet internationally accepted standards. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, and the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in that information. If you have concerns about how we have used your personal information, you also have the right to complain to a privacy regulator.
For detailed information, please refer to the privacy section of our corporate website or contact the British Council Cyprus office. We will keep your information for registration purposes for a period of 3 years from the time of collection; for marketing purposes, we will keep your information for a period of 7 years.